Four AAPG Distinguished Lecturers will be touring in November, speaking to groups across the United States and Canada.
The Distinguished Lecture program, funded in part by the AAPG Foundation, is the Association’s flagship initiative for spreading the latest in science, technology and professional information.
On tour in November are:
Alastair Fraser, this year’s AAPG Shell Distinguished Lecturer, will be concluding his tour Nov. 1 with an engagement at Western University (Petrolia Pioneers Society) in London, Ontario.
Fraser will tour again in January and February.
Carl Fiduk, who offers three talks dealing with the geology of the Gulf of Mexico, also concludes his first tour Nov. 1, with a talk at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Don Clarke, this year’s AAPG Distinguished Lecturer, will have three talks.
- Nov. 4 – National Academies, Washington, D.C.
- Kansas Geological Society/University of Kansas Geology Department, Lawrence, Kan.
- Coast Geological Society, Ventura, Calif.
Torbjorn Tornqvist, who offers two lectures on the Mississippi Delta, will have four stops this month.
- Bureau of Economic Geology, the University of Texas, Austin.
- Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colo.
- University of California at Santa Barbara.